Thursday, May 03, 2007
I'll tell you someone who isn't: Ismail Radwan, the spokesman for Hamas.
For a healthy dose of reality-laced satire, go here. (If the high-brow approach suits you, read this.)
By the way, does anyone else laugh at Eleanora Giddings-Ivory's suggestion that we remove religious language from political dialogue, saying that we should instead talk about peace and justice? After all, she spends most of her time telling us that we should make peace and justice our moral and religious priorities (and not those side issues like abortion and homosexual activis...I mean civil rights.).
*[I mean anybody outside of Iran and these thirteen "religious leaders" (yes! Thirteen - a landslide)]
Top Ten ways to avoid hell…
10. Claim hell was only a trash heap outside of
9. Claim hell was an invention of the Western Greek Hellenistic mindset
8. Claim hell was an invention of Pharisees to threaten people into obedience
7. Claim hell was an invention of Roman Catholicism to threaten people into obedience
6. Claim hell was an invention of Right-wing Fundamentalists to threaten people into obedience
5. Claim hell was an invention of fill in blank , with whatever group you hate.
4. Claim hell was an invention of Paul after he high jacked Jesus’ message of “love”
3. Claim hell is just a way for self-righteous people to feel like they are special
2. Claim hell is just a way for self-righteous people to condemn others
1. Claim hell doesn’t exist
Shamelessly ganked from thekingdomcome. It doesn't mention that Hell was really an invention of Zoroastrian dualism - just like Paradise.
Or you can just get one of these: