2011-03-11

Okay...I'm back

Sorry to have been gone so long, folks. As you saw from my last post, I am recently installed as rector at Holy Apostles in Elizabethtown, KY. There's tons of work to do in setting things up. I've already been to a clergy leadership retreat. We've added several new ministries to our social outreach, and we've added mid-week services. I've been pretty tied up.


Did I mention that I live approximately 45 minutes away...and am busy renovating / staging my house for sale? So the blog hasn't gotten a lot of attention.

One thing that hasn't been neglected is the ministry of the w0rd. I've posted several sermons on Vimeo. You can access them here. (http://bit.ly/HAEtown)

Also, today I am 35. My grandparents were both dead by 72 - so it's possible that this is my mid-life. Daunting as that may be, I am so grateful for the journey God has granted me. There is such a sense of completeness in our whole family's life now that I am living out (in a much fuller sense) my call to serve as a presbyter in Christ's Church.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Several years ago (actually a couple of decades ago, I think), John Stewart was on Late Night with David Letterman. Letterman mentioned Stewart had just celebrated his 35th birthday, and Stewart asked Letterman what he thought of that. Letterman made some comments about him still being a young man, in the prime of his life, etc. Stewart just looked at him and said, "Halftime, Dave."